When I traveled through Europe I honed in on my gratitude practice! I wrote a gratitude list every day, and it was so easy, even on the days that were quite frankly, really shitty! When I truly live my life authentically and fully, I feel grateful.
This past weekend I escaped to the North Cascades. I took deep breathes of mountain air and walked a beautiful trail in silence; I painted a nature scene for the first time as I sat on the edge of Diablo lake. It was a trip full of beauty, challenges and overwhelming gratitude. And thus, right before I hopped in Gypsy and headed back home I wrote a gratitude list and I would like to share it with you.
6/3/18- I am grateful for:
- Grandpa Alex being here with me in spirit
- Solo Van trips
- Roaring rivers
- Time to miss and appreciate my partner
- Painting at the lake
- Wind! Mother nature's power
- Campground parking lots to sleep in
- Bob Marley
- Alone time
- Silent hikes
- A brain overflowing with writing ideas
- An inability to actually write anything more than a list
- Well timed escapes from park rangers
- Mountain air
- My Tevas - low key the loves of my life
- My trusty flannel
- Down comforters
- Getting dressed lying down
- Hidden backpacking camp sites
- Empty beaches
- Practice and perpective
That's my list! Gratitude came so easily to me this past weekend! May we all live in ways that inspire gratitude, even in the hardest moments!
I aspire to live authentically, to wander, to do what I truly love, so that no matter what I will always feel overwhelmingly grateful to be right where I am!
May you do the same - in whatever way is most true to you!